Thursday 15 February 2024

Our focus word

Our children have been hard at work this week thinking of their Character Strength focus word for 2024. This is a word that embodies their goals for the year, where they will focus their attention and grow. We have selected words such as perseverance, bravery, creativity, curiosity and kindness. These are strengths that our tamariki of course already have, but we want to channel a particular focus to take their goal setting to the next level. 

We find it helpful for students to have a visual reminder of their word in the classroom so they can see it throughout the day and remember their goals. Check out some photos of our words.








Your child has talked to their base group teacher and set particular goals relating to their their focus word. Here are a couple of examples.

"Perseverance will me go past some of my limits, I've done things that I felt too scared to do and they already and they have ended up being really fun. I want to use more bravery this year by speaking up."

"My focus word is kindness. I'm going to make sure I'm kind by including people in my games and in class. I'll take turns and practise sharing."

We are really looking forward to your goal setting catch ups, for Suz's base group next week week and Jess' the week after. 


No comments:

Post a Comment