Friday 7 August 2020

Junior Cross Country

 Junior Cross Country was a huge success! It was a beautiful morning to get down to our local beach. There were many nerves in the air but the children persevered and gave the race a go. It was so great to see some children giving themselves an extra challenge to do the year above race as well! What a great mindset!

A big thank you to Ashleigh Lake for the photos - they are beautiful!







This week our creative minds have also been writing recounts of their experience of Cross Country. Check out some of them below! If you want to check out your child's writing about Cross Country feel free to pop in in the mornings to have a read or we can post it to Seesaw!


I was stretching. "I can do it" I said in my head. He blew the whistle, 'screeeech'. The race started. I was running as fast as I could. I felt nervous. "Was I going to win or was I going to lose? Let's find out". I zoomed across the ground. "Oh no, I'm slowing down". I was running as fast as possible. The finish line is right there. I rushed across the finish line. I finished. I felt so happy.

- By Henry



When we were at the beach getting ready to race I was scared. I was going to use turbo speed. I was scared I was going to lose but I persevered and came seventh. I felt good and happy. I thought I was a winner!

- By Zen



Crash goes the waves then the whistle foes and everyone goes. I ran as fast as a rocket. I ran around Jeffery. My feet sink into the sand. I felt sand squish under my feet. I ran to the finish line.

- By Mackenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment