Tuesday 14 August 2018

Arts Celebration: Being a Goal Setter

Rehearsals are in full swing, creativity is switched on and the character strengths of teamwork, perseverance, bravery, and kindness (to others and to ourselves) are being practised daily.

We have dreamed ideas, created our soundscapes, are sorting costumes and it's all go, go, go. We are feeling excited, a little bit worried at times but we know that, together, we can do this.






Being a Goal Setter means that:

  • I can reflect on my learning  
  • I can share and discuss my achievements  
  • I can plan my next learning steps

For some of us, performing is a challenge and playing music is very new, but we know that it's helping our brains to grow and we are setting ourselves small goals so we can improve every day. It could be: noticing when we need to improve our timing or be ready to get started, use a strong voice or keep to the beat as we play. We know that practice will help achieve our goals.

There are so many new skills to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment