|Drop, Cover and Hold|
The Big Shakeout and Emergency Evacuation
is scheduled for: Thursday 15 October, 9.15 am and 2.30 pm
While we will take part in the earthquake drill at 9.15 am, this is a great opportunity to test our systems regarding emergency evacuation. This will be a bit of an unknown in reality.....
So, what will happen
- Parents will get a re
minder email and text from the school office at two different times of the day leading up to the 2.30pm pick up.
This will allow us to check these systems at our end and also for you to double check you haven't got a new mobile number or email address lately!
- If you are unable to collect your child yourself, you will need to contact someone on your Emergency Contact List.
- Children will remain in
classspaces at 2.30 pm.
- Staff will be at both school entrances with lists of children's names and nominated contacts who can pick the child/
renup. (If wet, we will let you know where.)
- Parents or their nominated contacts will see a staff member who will check the list and provide them with a WBS stamped piece of paper with the child's name on it.
- This piece of paper will be taken to a staff member who is with the children in the class space and only then will the child be ticked off and able to leave.
- We will keep ECAT (After School Care) children
here butplease ensure you have returned your emergency contacts.
If a child is not collected by yourselves or a nominated emergency contact at 2.30pm, we will record this and follow up with you. As we are not sure how the system will work in reality, you may want to arrive from 2.15 pm so there isn't such a queue!