We have been exploring our Learner Attribute - I am Powerful. Our Learner Attributes are student-centered attributes that were designed to develop skills, attitudes and attributes neccessarty for success across academic and social-emotional learning.
Our Learner Attributes focus on empowering students to take ownership of their learning and growth:
SO what are these Learner Attributes ?
I am a thinker
This one focuses on both creative and critical thinking. Students are encouraged to build knowledge, engage in cycles of inquiry, ask big questions, and develop a growth mindset. This recognises all types of thinking as well as the thinking process.
I am connected
This attribute helps us create and nurture a strong sense of belonging, whānau/community engagement, and environmental awareness. This means Students learn to collaborate with peers across age groups. This ahppens naturally in the ways we work but also during times like whānau groups. This is also about connecting and learning about our cultures, ethnicities and histories.
I am powerful
This encourages learner agency, self regulation and building mana. Students learn to recognise their personal character strengths and strengths in others. This means they will be able to contribute positively to all groups they work in. We were able to come up with 29 words that we could use instead of 'powerful' and these all came from our kids.
I am a goal setter
This one focuses on independence, reflection, and goal setting. Students participate in tracking their progress, talking and sharing their learning in a variety of ways. It is great to see and hear our kids leading conversations about their learning steps like they will do, during our up and coming Learning Celebrations. These are celebratory but also future focused. We try really hard to keep goals measureable and achieveable but lofty and exciting at the same time ! Goal setting happens in the academic and social and emotion spaces - across the whole curriculum.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment