Tuesday 20 October 2020

We are Learning to be Powerful

Our Learner Attribute for this term is I am Powerful. We can show this when:

  • I can think about overcoming challenges 
  • I am excited about new learning and I challenge myself
  • I understand that not knowing is good 
  • I take action 
  • I keep trying and don’t give up 
  • I can make decisions about my environment 
Here is a group of us being powerful by taking action. We using Positive Purpose by picking up litter.

We have been exploring and writing about what being powerful means to us. We have also been thinking about how we might develop this attribute in different ways. Here is some writing about our thinking on being powerful.

Cara: I think I need to be more powerful. When I went rock climbing for my first time it was so scary. I wanted to go to my mum.  I said "I want to get down." A guy who was next to me said "Sit down on the seat. It will pull you down." It is really fun!

Zoe: I can think about overcoming challenges. I am challenging myself to read two Dog Man books in one day!

Tommy: I am powerful because I try and don't give up. I am excited about new learning and I challenge myself because I learn how to write longer stories. I can think about overcoming challenges because I challenge myself to write three pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment