Thursday 24 October 2019

Our Backyard, Our Voice Inquiry- I am Connected

Our Inquiry this term is all about connecting to our place and finding problems to help create solutions.

I am Connected is our Learner Attribute for this term:
- I can build relationships
- I can communicate -contribute and collaborate- be part of a team
- I can connect to my place, environment and globally.

We had some ideas about about some problems we’ve spotted around the school but we wanted to develop our thinking further and connect with others. Part of the Learner Attribute I am Connected is about building relationships and communicating clearly with others.

We have found problems do with the plants around the school and how people use them for games. Are there ways we can help the plants and also help people be creative around them? We've also found problems with people using spaces in ways that make it hard for others to play there. How can we share spaces so that everyone gets to use them in a fair way?

We interviewed some of the different people in our community to find out their views and to help us gather more information. Here are some of us doing the interviews in our school community. Next we will design solutions. This will help us grow our problem-solving skills and contribute to our community.




No comments:

Post a Comment