As part of Inquiry we have spent a lot of time exploring our playground and creating new games we can play (with and without equipment) during break times at school. We have had so much fun working together and thinking up exciting games.
During the last week of this term we decided it was time to Take Action. We had to think of ways we could be powerful to make improvements to our playground.
To begin with, we had to spend some time discussing our ideas as a group. It was challenging trying to agree on one idea but we tried our best to collaborate and acknowledge everybody's ideas.
Once we had decided on a way we could improve the playground we got busy writing letters and emails, making posters and videos to advertise our ideas and creating things we could put into the playground.
Here are some awesome ways we thought we could improve our playground:
- Take more care of our lunchbox rubbish and pick up any rubbish that is lying around the school.
- Build an outdoor shelter from tents and plastic so we can play outside even if its raining.
- Create instructions for new games we have made up and put them up around school for others to play.
- Have more building "stuff" we can use outdoors to make huts, forts and obstacle courses with.
- Create a bike track around the school and on top grass for wheels Wednesday.
- Have some ramps we could put out for wheels Wednesday.
- Make feeding huts for birds to shelter in.
- Have an art gallery that children can draw in and put their artwork up in.
- Collect items that can help us make an outdoor music area.